Nuffnang

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A380 In-Flight Kitchen Restaurant

This is super backdated but I've been wanting to blog about some of the places that I went to in Taipei earlier this March.

I didn't really want to go back to the same places again because I like to try new stuff, so I brought my family to a novelty restaurant -- A380 In-Flight Kitchen Restaurant (A380 空中厨房).






The restaurant was to model after the largest passenger aircraft - A380. However, I can't say the same for the service. The "steward" and "stewardesses" were very unattentive, I had to pick up some food myself or walk up to them to let them know we needed something.

It's a very interesting concept though, for customers to have an A380 dining experience.  Check out these seats and walls:




I like how the restaurant paid attention to the little details, such that the seat belt and no smoking lights signs were also part of the decor.



There was a wide range of western food to choose from.  Sis and I chose lunch sets with different combinations, while my parents chose something from the ala carte menu.  The lunch sets came with salad, soup of the day, bread and butter, main course and a dessert.

I chose the salad with vinaigrette sauce, Sis chose the thousand island one

The soup's pretty nice and I love the butter buns!

My egg custard (yums!) and sis's not-so-nice chocolate mousse cake

Mom's baked rice (too cheesy!) and dad's nicely roasted chicken

Here's a short video clip of how the restaurant looks like:




There was a private room available, behind an automatic glass doors, my guess is it's reserved for private parties/functions/events.




We went on a weekday afternoon where only one other table was occupied other than ourselves. I guess business ain't that good for them, considering that the food is on the pricier side (in Taipei).
 
Address: 168, Dingzhou Rd Sec 3, Taipei City (台北市汀州路三段168號)
Telephone: (02) 2367-3928
Open: Daily from 11:30am to 10pm
Average meal: NT$500
Details: Chinese and English menu; credit cards accepted

Information taken from TaipeiTimes.

The nearest train station is Gongguan. Take Exit 1 and walk for about 3-5 mins and you'll see the signboard.


A380 In-Flight Kitchen is the sort of restaurant where you'll visit once just for the novelty sake, but not enticing enough to make you go back for more.

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.